Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Quiz

I stole this off another blog that I read. Since I don't have much to blog about, I'll answer the questions!


1. Are you watching The Bachelorette? Of course. Haven't missed an episode the past 2 seasons! I'm rooting for Chris L!
2. How often do you sweep/mop your floors? Well here lately we've been sweeping almost every single day...you see with Siberian Huskies, all they do is this (below). And that leaves a lot of fur, everywhere! So I've been sweeping a lot lately. As for mopping. Our floors don't get THAT dirty and with the regular sweeping, they are pretty good.
3. Do you hate it when you can't walk barefoot on said floors because you obviously haven't swept often enough? It really depends on how bad it is! It bugs me more when I see tuffs of "cotton" (fur) floating across the floor like it's alive. We don't have "dust bunnies" but "fur bunnies"! 
4. Do you have a cleaning schedule? Since we have our house on the market, we try to clean once every week or two. He does the sweeping/mopping and I do the dusting and the picking up. Once the house is clean, it's easier to keep it that way! 
5. How many loads of laundry do you do in a week? Ha! I swear our clothes breed! I normally do 3-5 loads every 10 days or so. We have a 3 bin sorter so we have dark tops, dark bottoms, and whites. And then towels. And sometimes Brooklyn gets her own load, especially if she's had dirty/busy days!
6. What is your all time favorite meal to cook? Here lately we are IN LOVE with Salmon, portebello mushrooms, corn, and salad! Mark loves to grill so anything on the grill is his thing.
7. Are you reading any books right now? Yes, I'm reading Dreamviel by Lynn Viehl
8. How do you and your husband share the chores? We are usually pretty good at splitting the chores. I load the dishwasher, he unloads. I do the laundry (wash, fold, put away) and he puts away the hang up clothes. He sweeps/mops, I dust/make beds. He takes out the trash and waters the yard, I pull weeds (sometimes).So we are pretty good at splitting them up.  
9. What are you most excited about this summer? Moving into our new house! Fixing it up, slowly because we'll be on a major budget!
10. What's your favorite Sonic drink? Cherry Dr. Pepper
11. Why do you/don't you blog? This question is funny because, while I consider myself a blogger, I really don't write blogs very much. I don't once I start the blog, I'll write good for about a week, and then it slacks off when things in life pick up. Don't let this fool you though, I read them every.single.day. It is a part of my morning routine. Breakfast with Brooklyn and then I grabbed the laptop and settle in on the couch with her. She watches her shows and I read my blogs. Think of it as my morning newspaper. I love reading what is going on in other peoples lives and I obviously love reading design blogs as well. I write blogs because I like documenting what it going on in my life. It is also is a way to keep me accountable for things I say I am going to do both in life, and around the house.
12. Do you grow your own herbs? Nope. I have a hard enough time trying to keep my plants alive, much less herbs to actually eat!
13. What's your best money saving tip? I don't have too many but here are a few ways! 

~We don't shop much. Every now and then we'll splurge a little bit and when I "splurge" I usually hit up the clearance/As-Is sections at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, and Bed Bath and Beyond. 

~We DIY most of the things in our house. We paint ourselves, we buy old furniture off Craigslist or at thrift stores and rework them, and we install most things in our house as well.

~We watch most new movies online. If we went to the actual movie theatre as much as we watched new movies..at $9/ticket, two tickets, so $18 on tickets plus $10 on drinks and popcorn, that's $28/visit and you are looking at 3-4 movies a month! Goodness! Usually we hook the laptop up to the big screen by $7 worth of ice cream at the 7Eleven and settle in!

~Coupons. Go to Coupons.com, install their Coupon Printer, type in your zip code and go nuts on coupons you know you'll use! Then when you go grocery shopping, have a calendar handy. Plan your meals for the days of the week. And if your schedule is unsure, just make up enough meals for however many days are in between your shops. We go weekly, so our groceries stay between $50-$100/week. Sometimes less or more depending on what kind of dinners we are making! But "clip" coupons and use them to help with sides or meals or even breakfast! 

~Programmable thermostats. We have one on each unit in our house (two units). You can set them up so that they switch their settings depending on the time of day. Our upstairs unit stays on 78 all day. It's a good temperature for upstairs and the downstairs is on 78 during the day and 82 at night. We have a decent size two story house and our electric bill is RARELY over $160. I say rarely because this past month we had a mishap with our A/C and it was $300, ooops!

14. What is the most treasured toy in your house right now? Toy? Hm, maybe my new computer? I've only had it for a few weeks. But other than that, I don't have much. Other than my books but most of them are in storage right now!
15. If you had to rent a movie tonight (newish release), what would it be? I don't even know what's out on DVD!