Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thrift Stores and Garage Sales!!

 

Living in Frisco we had plenty of garage sales but I never found too many thrift stores, not good ones anyways.

And the nearest Goodwill was 30mins!

So since the move (2 weeks), I’ve been to 3 garage sales and one really cute thrift store.

The thrift store is called Twice Around and it benefits a shelter for abused women and children. A very nice little set up and a great cause!

Here are a few goodies I found today and last night at TJ Maxx!!

006

I first saw these birds on Bower Power and loved them! So imagine my joy when I saw the lovely pair at the thrift store for $5…plus this month is 50% off, so make that $2.50!!!

007

Four glass candles sticks  - 10cents each!

009 

Lamp and Shade for Brooklyn’s room - $2.60

005

This little heavy fella was only $2.00 on clearance at TJ Maxx

And last but certainly not least…my non-clearance, full priced TJ Maxx item -

008

This bird cage book end…I love it!!! So vintage shabby chic! But it was only $7.99 so I couldn’t pass it up!

Well I hope ya’ll have a great weekend!